Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome, willkommen, Vaelkommen, tervetuloa, bienvenue, benvenuto, bienvenida, mottakelse, het welkom, boas-vindas, Al Salamu Alaykum, yokoso, huan ying to my page!

I am a language teacher and have taught both ESL and Chinese courses at City College of San Francisco and San Francisco State University. Currently, I'm teaching ESL at City College.
My students are immigrants from all over the world with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. My daily interactions with them in the classroom have become a learning experience for me because I can learn about their interesting cultures; also, their responses to my teaching often generate immediate feedback on my pedagogical techniques. Every day I learn something new on the job, which I enjoy very much.

I am also a happy resident in San Francisco because it's close to everything, e.g. the ocean, beaches, forests and mountains, etc. It's full of vibrant cultural life which I enjoy the most: the symphony, opera, theaters and many museums. The combinations of warm sunshine, clear blue sky with occasionally fast moving clouds, transparent layers of fog, and dramatic hilly landscape make San Francisco look even more theatrical and attractive. I feel truly lucky to work and live here.









Copyright © 2005-2017



1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Hi, Cora!
What a nice blog you have! And what a nice introductory text! :-)
I've been to SF twice and love it. It's a beautiful and friendly city.
I was there with my husband last year, right before the Tesol conference. He loved it and so did I. I got to see many things I hadn't seen the first time and also enjoyed some night life. We also went on a tour to Muir Woods. Such a beautifully peaceful place!
Keep up the good work!
Teresa

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home